Quick Search for:  in language:    
Gets,angelfires,footer,addition,their,upsetc
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Java/ Javascript Stats

Code: 220,465. lines
 Jobs: 92. postings

How to support the site

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Login

Latest Code Ticker for Java/ Javascript.
Click here to see a screenshot of this code!vok - The vocabulary trainer
By Thorsten Stärk on 1/7

(Screen Shot)

Java, Calculator
By Rockwell on 1/4

Eatable Interface
By Rockwell on 1/4

Superclass Person
By Rockwell on 1/4

Draws Cube Function
By Rockwell on 1/4

Rectangle Class
By Rockwell on 1/4

Find Number of Upper and Lower Case Letters in a Command Line Argument String
By Rockwell on 1/4

anagrams
By Rockwell on 1/4

Text Reader with Tokenizer
By Rockwell on 1/4

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

New Way to get rid of Angelfire Ads

Print
Email

Submitted on: 8/30/2003 2:23:43 AM
By: rich2oo1  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 8 Users
Compatibility:JavaScript

Users have accessed this article 3326 times.

(About the author)

Gets rid of angelfire's footer ads in addition to their pop ups/etc

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this article, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use this article in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this article (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this article from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the article or article's description.
I was looking at angelfire earlier today and realized that the angelfire code i have submitted now only blocks the pop ups, and not the footer ads also. i have found a way around the footer ads also. Here is the original code (to be placed in the tag.

<NoEmbed><XMP><BODY></xmp></NoEmbed>

the new code is to be placed around the closing </body> tag. do not just add it in addition or it says 'cannot add multiple footer ads' or something to that effect. at the bottom, when you're closing your body tag, use

<NoEmbed><XMP></BODY></xmp></NoEmbed>

instead of just </BODY> please email me if you have any comments

Other 2 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this article(in the Beginner category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
8/30/2003 7:09:43 AM:John Avison
very nice 5 globes from me
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

8/30/2003 10:20:34 PM:Andrew Bennett
that's awesome, 5 globes from me, too
Reason:

8/31/2003 1:04:30 AM:Nate_The_Great
This code is absolutely amazing! I had no idea that removing ads was even possible!! GREAT CODE. 5 globes!
Reason:

8/31/2003 9:06:42 AM:Paul Morgan
very neat, i would have never seen that! 5 globes
Reason:

8/31/2003 7:10:05 PM:Wolf McCloud
For those who don't understand why it works, it is because AngelFire searches for < BODY > in your code and < /BODY > and add ads around them. If they aren't found, they create them. By doing this, we spoof the tags and so, they put the ads inside regular text (< XMP > transforms code to text). Good job. Another way is to pay to remove ads... but it isn't a good one! lol
Reason:

8/31/2003 10:45:34 PM:
Another way to is just get rid of angelfire! I saw a news post on NeHe.GameDev.net for free hosting by Programmers-Unlimited.com. I checked it out and they are offering a free site with alot of nice features you cant get with angelfire. Not to bad I guess. Plus they offer it free of ads and popups. The only thing is you have to have a programming site or site related to development.
Reason:

9/4/2003 11:22:27 PM:Martin Budden
Remember that if you do this , you are in breach of contract. If the host notices that you are doing this, your site will be deleted and you will be banned.
Reason:

9/20/2003 12:17:09 AM:
reall? how many have been deleted do you think? i run a business off it and i am trying to get all the ads off the site cause my
Reason:

9/20/2003 12:19:48 AM:
hey... it deleted my message! .. just wanted to ask- what are the chances the site will be deleted w/out warning if they find out?
Reason:

9/20/2003 12:49:05 AM:rich2oo1
i've had one site deleted, but im not sure if that was because i had backups of some full version applications on it at one point in time.
Reason:

9/22/2003 2:41:21 PM:
Geez, man! do u think this works with Tripod or Geocities? (probly w/tripod but i dont think w/ geocities) awesome code man. I think globes are bad, tho so im givin u 5 emmys LOL ... uh... the verification code image wont load... ill cast my vote later, but u know what im givin ya
Reason:

10/22/2003 1:23:45 AM:
this code made my background stop loading, do you know how i can still have a background and lose the ads?
Reason:

10/24/2003 1:14:24 PM:
yer
Reason:

11/18/2003 9:28:55 AM:
Hey man...Its not even working for me....Someone Please Help!!!! These Ads make my site look horrible!!!!!
Reason:

12/16/2003 2:32:12 AM:
great code worked on my other angelfire pages...but now i have a new angelfire page and it dont seem to work..is there a newer code for angelfire or did angelfire find a new way to add footer ads..plz help me if u can thanks
Reason:

12/16/2003 12:55:44 PM:rich2oo1
Give me the url and i'll check it out
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this article has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Java/ Javascript Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.