visual basic, vb, vbscript
Quick Search for:  in language:    
visual basic, vb, vbscript,source code, code, sample, samples, program, programs, help, tutorial,tutorials, routine, routines, jobs, listserve, mailinglist, bulletin board, bulletin boards, programming,  snippet, snippets, control, controls, class, classes, module, script, Scripts, applet , email , mp3, reference, windows,  modules, file, files, subroutine, subroutines, function, functions, sub, Microsoft, Sun,  downloads, winapi, directx, msaccess, ocx, vbx, ado, dao, odbc, rdo,  vbscript, vba, game programming, dcom, ole, com, dna, jet, dll, win api, winapi,  dbgrid, database front end, certify, decompiling, decompiler, visual basic for applications,  variable, constants, data type, byte, boolean, integer, long, single,  double, currency, date, object, string, variant, sub, function, free,
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Visual Basic Stats

Code: 3,383,601. lines
 Jobs: 219. postings

How to support the site

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Login

Latest Code Ticker for Visual Basic.
Click here to see a screenshot of this code![A+] *AWESOME* VB Fractals (See Screenshot)
By Gandolf_The_GUI on 1/15

(Screen Shot)

Large Integer module (LargeNum)
By Acid Juice on 1/15

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Quick Calc - Financial Calculator
By Carl on 1/15

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Basic 2D Drawing Environment with Zoom Functions
By Pluto11 on 1/15

(Screen Shot)

Freaky Circles!!
By Ben Jones on 1/15

VB IDE Mousewheel Support and Code Auto Complete
By Ulli on 1/15

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!DirectX7 - Dropship Carrier (YES collision detection IS possible !!!!)
By Phil Grossman on 1/15

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!HtCalculatorBox
By halil tunc on 1/15

(Screen Shot)

Shrapnel
By Phillip Brown on 1/15

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

About Daniel Vandersluis

Name: Daniel Vandersluis
Email:  Click here to email
Web Site: 
http://www11.brinkster.com/asylummod
All submission(s) by this author

Education: I graduated highschool, and am in the Computer Engineering program at Ryerson University.

Background Information: I have been programming since 1995, when I started with QBasic. Teaching myself everything I know, I have since expanded to much more complicated languages (I primarily use C++ for application development and ASP or PHP for internet development) and, consequently, more complicated projects. In both highschool computers courses I took, I worked on independent projects rather than working on the lower level projects with the rest of the class. I have lived in Canada my entire life and am very fluent in English.

Skills:
  • I can type at approximately sixty words per minute.
  • I work hard to ensure total buyer satisfaction
  • I respond to email quickly, usually within a couple hours at the most.
  • I am happy to make changes/provide support for my projects, and am always happy to answer questions and deal with concerns.

Project History:

• Recursive Directory Searching
    Languages: Visual Basic
    This program recursively travels through all directories under a starting directory, and outputs every file found with a specified extension to a file.

• NFL Picks Challenge
    Languages: PHP/MySQL
    A website for managing a NFL football pool. Players need a registration password to be able to make an account. From there, they can edit their personal information, make picks for coming weeks, or view other players' picks. Administrator access allows the user to easily update the game schedule and submit the scores for games already played.
    Rent A Coder Bid Request

• Online WYSIWYG Editor Submission/Edition Form
    Languages: Javascript, PHP/MySQL
    A two part online submission form. The first part contains a WYSIWYG editor for writing and formatting an article. This is followed by an image upload utility, where the user can upload up to 5 images, which are resized to fit specified maximum dimensions. The user is them prompted to finalize his submission, and all the information is stored in a database. A submission can then be recalled and edited.
    Rent A Coder Bid Request

• Asylum Total Conversion Website
    Languages: Originally done in ASP, Converted to PHP/MySQL
    The website for the Asylum Total Conversion of Dungeon Siege. Contains dynamic news and media pages, the content of which is manageable through an admin section. I also wrote the image gallery script to clearly organize all categories in one page, along with a random image from each category. As well, I wrote a news submission script that parses the entered text into HTML.
    Homepage

• Scrolling Image Link
    Languages: Javascript, HTML/CSS
    This script was done as an addition to an existing website. It allows an image link to remain in the top-left corner of the screen as the user scrolls through the page.
    Homepage · Rent A Coder Bid Request

• Autosave
    Languages: Original Version done in Visual Basic, Version 2 Ported to C++
    This program was created in order to automatically save whatever was being worked on in a specified program. The user could choose if he wanted a Save or Save As command sent at a specified interval to the program in question. Originally, this was achieved by sending a key combination; in Version 2, this has been replaced, and the program now activates saving by sending Windows messages to the program's menu.

• Screen Saver Password Decypher
    Languages: C++
    This program was created in order to decypher the Windows 9x screen saver passwords saved in the User.dat file. The program opens the User.dat file, searches for the screen saver password section extracts the password and decyphers it.

• Scrolling News Ticker
    Languages: ASP/ADO
    This is a Rent A Coder style vertical News ticker that stops when the mouse goes over it. All the content for the ticker is divided into categories, and is taken out of a database.

• File Class
    This is a C++ class that contains functions covering opening and closing files, writing variables of different datatypes to a file, and retrieving content of different data types from a file.
    Rent A Coder Bid Request

• Coin Flip Game
    This is a quick game made in C++. The player is given $100 to start with, and is asked to bet on what he thinks the next coin will be -- heads or tails.
    Rent A Coder Bid Request

• String Class
    Done as an independent project for school, this class is a large collection of string manipulation functions. It includes the whole set of overloaded operators, as well as a lot of new functions, including Visual Basic style functions.

• OpenGL Graphics Engine
    This project is the graphics engine made for an OpenGL movie. Using input files containing a scripting language, OpenGL items were sent to the engine, which sent them to the screen.

• The Sims' IFF Editor
    Languages: Visual Basic
    This is an object editor for items in Maxis' The Sims. It opens IFF files and extracts them into sections containing the different information (stats, graphics, colors, etc) for viewing and editing. I also created a Palette ActiveX control to take in color palette information, and export it as an ACT file for import into Photoshop.

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Visual Basic Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.