visual basic, vb, vbscript
Quick Search for:  in language:    
visual basic, vb, vbscript,source code, code, sample, samples, program, programs, help, tutorial,tutorials, routine, routines, jobs, listserve, mailinglist, bulletin board, bulletin boards, programming,  snippet, snippets, control, controls, class, classes, module, script, Scripts, applet , email , mp3, reference, windows,  modules, file, files, subroutine, subroutines, function, functions, sub, Microsoft, Sun,  downloads, winapi, directx, msaccess, ocx, vbx, ado, dao, odbc, rdo,  vbscript, vba, game programming, dcom, ole, com, dna, jet, dll, win api, winapi,  dbgrid, database front end, certify, decompiling, decompiler, visual basic for applications,  variable, constants, data type, byte, boolean, integer, long, single,  double, currency, date, object, string, variant, sub, function, free,
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Visual Basic Stats

Code: 3,290,928. lines
 Jobs: 193. postings

How to support the site

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Does your code think in ink?
Login

Latest Code Ticker for Visual Basic.
Progress Bar Joke
By Nate Bross on 11/26

Shooter!!!!!
By angry_armadillo on 11/26

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!User management with access, or something similar
By Liam Ingram on 11/26

(Screen Shot)

KazIE 3.7.0.49
By Jacob Thornberry on 11/26

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Application busy graphic - knight rider effect
By Fosters on 11/26

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Girdhari
By Girdhari on 11/26

(Screen Shot)

Simple Text Marquee
By Manimaran on 11/26

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!_Icons speak louder than words. (2 Cute Games)
By Enrico Lorenzo (ENRICO X) on 11/26

(Screen Shot)

Watchguard Easy Authentication
By John Hass on 11/26

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

About Ashley Harris

Name: Ashley Harris
Email:  Click here to email
All submission(s) by this author

About Me
Basics I'm Ashley Harris, I'm a 16 year old from Southern Australia. I attend Cabra Dominican College and have been involved in programming since I was about 6 years old. I can program in Visual Basic, Perl, and Flash.
Education I'm currently completing my South Australian Certificate of Education, I'm taking Design, Multimedia, Physics, Mathematics, and accelerated (1 yr ahead) Info Tech.
Qualifications I topped the state in an Australia-wide IT competition (for my age group), I have also scored high-distinction in Computing, Mathematics, and Science competitions over the last 3 years. Last but not least, I just won Planet Source Code Code of the month, which put's me above 300,000 other software developers. Also, I'm currently looking towards a microsoft certification exam in vb6.

My skills
Visual Basic From cgi-capable webservers to LAN multiplayer snake, from software to annotate lines on other peoples screens to tools to measure internet efficiency. Mp3 players, instant messengers, AI, ActiveX controls, COM objects, whatever you can give me, I can do!
Graphics Design Psychedelic backgrounds, 3D animations, web graphics, Shockwave (flash) animations (can create dynamically from visual basic), from photorealistic sunsets to a company logo, I can (and will) create and deliver.
CGI - Perl From those amusing little 'love compatibility testers', to referral systems, banner rotators, whatever you can through at me, I can do.
Web Development I can make most websites I'm presented with, I'm at a moderate experience level with javascript, and can do most of what's requested without help.

Past/Current/Future projets
Webserver I started building this to save me from hogging our phone line while making a website. It's turned into one of the best webservers on planetsourcecode.com. It is a full webserver, with custom error documents, directory listings, default pages, support for multimedia (video, audio, flash), and, PERL CGI (you can submit and process forms on the server).NEWS FLASH!This webserver just won code of the month!
IXL Internet Executable Language. This is the answer to the riddle "What do you get when you cross Visual Basic, Flash, Javascript, and Java?". basically, it's a language for streaming executable content over the internet. All the media, code, and definitions are contained in a single file which you can define the order in which they download, ie 'download the splash screen graphic, then the code to display the splash screen, then wait until the main menu code/graphics load' etc. I started building this because I predict that applications will become streaming within the next 10-20 years.
Custom Designs Custom Designs is a business (website) idea that me and 3 friends are launching, it'll basically sell/advertise our talents.

Why you should hire me...
Commitment All small-medium business products I can finish quickly (measured in days not weeks). I develop for entertainment, not so much material gain, and in this respect am self motivated. It is even sometimes a struggle to do my homework as opposed to my development.
I'm cheep My experience shows that 1USD can buy in the US what 1AUD can buy in Australia. Working for 10USD an hour seems slave labor for skilled work such as what I offer, however, 10USD is over 3 times what my friends earn flipping burgers. For this reason, I often bid low, I'm not selling myself short, I'm using our currency difference to bring you the best deal possible.
I can do it I have access to over 31 development tools, and have over 10,000 pages of manuals to refer to. I will build whatever you want from 3d animation, to your banner ad, your logo, your website, or the software you always wanted.

As of 21-oct-02, I'm within the top 1% of all rentacoder coders.

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Visual Basic Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.